At all times please first review and adhere to the following resource: Nova Scotia Anglers Handbook
Spring Fishing (April, May, June)
- Brown Trout
- Sea Trout
- Resident Brook Trout
Summer Fishing (July & August)
- River fishing in the summer is variable due to low water and high river temperatures. Fish are vulnerable at this time. Responsible fishers will consider environmental effects on the mortality of fish caught. Consider lake fishing and salt water fishing during these times. Stripers are abundant along our broad expanse of coastline in Antigonish.
Fall Fishing (September & October)
- Both the south and the west river are scheduled salmon rivers from Sept. 1 to Oct 31st.
- You need a salmon license to fish for salmon
- You need a general license to fish for anything else
- There may be some exceptions, please refer to the Nova Scotia Anglers Handbook.
Winter (November, December, January, February, March)
- Cameron and Gillis Lakes are open all year round (Pinevale, Antigonish County)
- There is winter ice fishing opportunities within Antigonish Harbour
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.